Tuesday 9 April 2013

Dear Hettie,

The Australian equivalent of sofa-sunday is go-to-the-beach-day. After my two nights out in a row, my brother and I did a 4k walk along the beach in the sunshine. At first it looked really grey, and then in true aussie style, the sun came out as soon as we reached the beach. I told my brother about the creep from before and he went maaaaad. He said he is going to kill him if he ever sees him in public. Lolz.

Anyway, we walked up and down the beach, and then went for the fittest lunch ever. England does bottled water better (the taste, not the names), but Australia does veggie burgers better!




It was lentil and avocado with chilli jam. FIT! And we shared chips. Oh! And I had the buffest milkshake. I went for oreo and it was amazing. I took two photos of it for you; one of the milkshake, and one of the view I had whilst drinking the milkshake and eating my lunch:




Yesterday was my brothers 34th birthday! Ouch. I wrote him a poem about ageing; you would love it. I also bought him The Lion King on dvd, and a Masterchef Australia cooking apron. He seemed to quite like them. After work, we went to a rib house on the beach. Unfortunately, they didn't have tofu ribs, so I had another veggie burger. It was pretty fucking good though. Which helped me reach the conclusion that Australians do vegetarian burgers better.




We also went for a drink in the bavarian beer house on the beach. I ordered a cherry beer, and was gloating about how impressed you'd be that I was drinking beer. But when it came, it just tasted like beer. And, although my drinking palet is broadening, I still hate beer, so I left it. The bar was cool though:


After we left the rib house, Alix had a couple of ribs in a doggy bag. We saw a tramp asleep on the pavement and it was raining. We walked a little way and then Alix said "I should give my ribs to the tramp shouldn't I?" and he ran back to give them to him. Upon receiving the ribs, the tramp muttered something and threw them away! An australian observer walked past and said "Ah mayte, I wouldn't botha giving food to traimps." Alix was a little drunk by this point and seemed genuinely hurt by the tramps disregard for his amazing ribs. It was pretty funny to watch. 

This post has largely been about food, and for that I'm sorry... On Friday I get to go out to a bar in central and meet all my brother's friends, and sunday I get to see my cousin and his two kids. This is the cousin who is 6'8" so I'm sure hilarious photos next to my short self will soon follow. 

Can we facetime this weekend please?

Miss you, love you.

S
Xxx