Tuesday 12 March 2013

Dear Hettie,
Work today was boring. But at least I'm doing something. Trying to find my way there was...interesting. Apparently, Australian transport is a little in the dark ages. There are no Oyster cards, and the buses/trains don't tell you what stop you're at, so I spent a 50 minute bus journey reading road signs. Was nice though, drove over the Sydney harbour bridge and past the opera house. Plus the bus was mega air conditioned! It was so strange though, the bus drove down a few motorways with five lanes and drove right in the middle!! No bus lanes today.
This is this ticket system they had for a return ticket:


So they give you two singles, and then write the date on the back when you get on the bus...

Also, the trains are double deckers!!


Work was pretty non-exciting. I had to clear out a stationery cupboard and amongst the paperclips was a pack of tampons. That was weird. And there's a sign in the toilet telling people to be considerate and spray if the need to. Lovely. 

After a long hard day in the office, I came home and had a fruity cider on the balcony and FaceTimed  mother bear! 




At least being at work keeps me out of the sun! My bum is still burnt :-(

Hope you're enjoying the snow!! 

Love you, miss you.
S
Xxx